Subject: Multitasking & mouse movement
From: "Mike" <[email-masked]>
To: "AMOS-list" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 18:30:23 +0100

Hello,

I'm making a program in which I want to turn off multitasking. I've tried
the 'Multi No' command from the Turbo Plus Extension. I've also tried using
'NUL=Execall(-132)' to turn it off.
Well, both of these commands works great, the only problem I'm having is
that the mouse moves really REALLY slow when I use em.

I've tried to put the mouse in mouse port #2 and read the coords using the
AMCAF commands 'X=X Smouse' and 'Y=Y Smouse' which works just fine when
multitasking is off. But I'd really like to be able to use mouse port #1
instead, so is there any way to do this? Would it be possible to make such
commands in AMCAF Chris?

I've also tried to read directly using 'X=Peek($DFF00A)' but then I would
need some sort of resident program which can check this continuously...
Anyone now how to do this (Asm?).
Is there any other adresses for checking mouse movements except the $DFF00A
and $DFF00B?
Any ideas?

Thanks,

        // Mike